Prayer and Study Groups
Our relationship with God cannot grow without prayer! Just as there are many ways to spend quality time with our loved ones, there are countless ways to pray and spend time with the Lord.
Ignatian Spirituality Prayer Groups
These prayer groups meet several times per month, studying the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola in order to form more intimate relationships with God, connect more deeply with the faith community, and enrich our faith.
The Men's group:
- Meetings begin on Thursday, January 20 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and is open to any men of the parish interested in deepening their personal prayer and spiritual journey. No prior experience is required or expected other than an openness to Jesus.
- The group will be based on Ignatian spirituality using the book God's Voice Within: The Ignatian Way to Discover God's Will by Fr. Mark Thibodeaux, SJ. Copies will be available at the first meeting.
- If you would like to try this fun and faith-filled adventure, please register by contacting Kim Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deacon Charlie Durban at email@example.com.
The Women's group is facilitated by Penny Durban (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rosary Prayer Groups
Many ministries and prayer groups incorporate the Rosary into their gatherings, but some meet regularly for the specific purpose of praying the Rosary together.
- Monday evenings at 5 p.m. by Our Lady of Grace grotto - all are welcome!
- Monday-Saturday after the 7:30 a.m. Mass in the Abbey Church.
- Wednesday after the 6:30 a.m. Mass in the Adoration chapel.
- First Fridays at noon with the Women's Fellowship (please contact Audrey Altepeter at email@example.com or 314.608.3580 to RSVP or for more information).
The celebration of the Eucharist in the Holy Mass is the "source and summit" of our faith. The Eucharist is the memorial of Christ's Passover, the making present and the sacramental offering of his unique sacrifice, in the liturgy of the Church which is his Body. In the most blessed sacrament of the Eucharist "the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ and, therefore, the whole Christ is truly, really, and substantially contained." (Catechism of the Catholic Church)
This devotion is an extension of the adoration of the Eucharist we participate in during the celebration of Mass. Our Adoration chapel is located on the lower level of the Parish Center, and is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am -4pm for anyone who would like to stop by for quiet prayer before the Blessed Sacrament. If you feel drawn to this devotion, we invite you to consider becoming a regular adorer and adopting a particular hour each week or month. For more information, please contact Tricia Newell at 314.540.0034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SoulCore integrates the prayers of the Rosary with core strengthening, stretching, and functional movements, while inviting participants to nourish body and soul, and encourage deeper reflection on the mysteries and virtues of the Rosary. A sensory experience, SoulCore incorporates Scripture, sacred art, music, candlelight, and movement - a gentle path to grow in virtue and cultivate interior peace.
SoulCore is not affiliated with any other exercise discipline. It is not yoga, nor are yoga poses or Sanskrit referenced at any time. SoulCore is about filling the mind and soul specifically with the life, virtues, and Word of Christ. (SoulCore.com)
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Center lower level (St. Michael Room)
No fitness level or experience required! Bring a mat and wear comfortable clothes. Suggested donation is $10. For more information or to RSVP for class, please contact Christine Hillenbrand at SoulCoreStLouis@gmail.com.
The members of the Women's Fellowship want to pray for you and your intentions! You're invited to send any prayer intentions to Helaine Boland at email@example.com or 314.576.0876, or call the Parish Office at 314.576.0876. We will gladly keep your intention anonymous if you prefer.
We are always glad to welcome more members to our prayer chain!