For more than 20 years, Grand Endeavor, a partnership between St. Anselm and Most Holy Trinity parishes, has fostered true community while focusing on prayer, service, and community. Grand Endeavor works to realize the gospel message of caring for one another through building relationships between people with diverse cultures but a common faith.
All of Grand Endeavor’s activities start with prayer. The work of the committee, supported by parishioners, puts prayer into action.
Grand Endeavor facilitates support of Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church and Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and Academy by encouraging all parishioners to share their time, talent and treasure. The continuing financial support for the school is vital to its success and essential to the many students who would not otherwise have access to Catholic education. One hundred percent of your financial support through the parish offertory envelopes assists Holy Trinity’s Pastoral Associate, Sr. Janice Munier, in her work for the parish.
Grand Endeavor’s involvement with the parish and school benefits the Hyde Park neighborhood as well. The stability and vitality of all three institutions—parish, school, and neighborhood—are dependent on one another.
Opportunities for involvement:
• Mentoring and/or tutoring children at the school
• Assisting in the school library on a routine basis
• Attending Grand Endeavor’s annual retreat
• Participating in Holy Trinity’s annual trivia night
• Providing opportunities to bring youth from both parishes together
• Participating in and supporting the annual Scholarship Weekend, which honors students of Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and Academy and St. Anselm's PSR Program
• Attending the Advent Prayer Service presented each December by students of Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and Academy
Special Skills Required – Willingness to share gifts, organizational skills, enthusiasm, commitment to people in the inner city, desire to help people help themselves, belief in true partnership.
Grand Endeavor meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. alternating between St. Anselm and Holy Trinity.
We invite you to join us for a tour of the church and/or school. To schedule your visit, please call Carol Nowak, 314.241.9165 for a tour of the church. Please contact Principal Jessica Kilmade at 314.231.9014 for a tour of the school.
Bunny Reif is the Chairman of Grand Endeavor, representing Holy Trinity Parish. Don Mueth is the Co-Chair, representing St. Anselm Parish.
You can also visit www.mht-stl.org to find out more about this wonderful parish.
Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and Academy is seeking volunteers to work with students as mentors and tutors. Here are a few of the details:
- Volunteers may work between the hours of 3:30-5 p.m. any school day. Volunteers are requested to participate on a consistent basis each week.
- Volunteers are assigned to work with a specific student or students.
- Tutors are especially needed to help students with mathematics and reading.
Volunteers should be at least 18 years of age and, if they have not already done so, will be required to attend a training presentation, Protecting God’s Children, available through the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Volunteers are also subject to a background check.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be a blessing in the lives of God’s children. To volunteer or learn more, please contact Principal Jessica Kilmade at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.231.9014.