Saint Vincent de Paul Society is an organization of men and women of our parish dedicated to the service and aid of the poor and needy of St. Louis and surrounding areas.
Meetings are every Saturday morning at 8:30, following 7:30 Mass. After coffee, pastries and a short meeting, the members visit the homes of people requesting assistance. Usually traveling in pairs, SVDP members try to determine the most pressing needs of the individual or family and offer help. Weekly attendance is not mandatory but the esprit de corps is such that most attend frequently.
- If you are interested, please contact Bob Becherer, President. He is listed in the Parish Guide Book.
- Officers include:
Bob Becherer – President
Jim Ryan – Vice President
Allen Callahan – Vice President
Julia Heditsian – Home Visit Coordinator
John Zeman – Home Visit Dispatcher
Rich Abell – Secretary
Tom Hunter – Treasurer
Dave Schopp – Deputy Treasurer
Chuck Lenz – Deputy Treasurer
Brandi McWhorter – Finance Committee
St. Anselm Parish Society of St. Vincent De Paul
Home visits continue at an average of between 8 to 12 calls each Saturday. Needs are greater than we’ve ever experienced.
- 1. Our clients have delayed making utility payments. Now facing disconnection
- 2. Similarly, rent and mortgage payments are late; adding late fees and extraordinary amounts due to avoid eviction
- 3. Some being forced to move out of current home due to foreclosures
- 4. Many SVDP conferences are short of funds to handle calls in their boundaries
- 5. Immigrants and refugees continue to be 50% of all calls
- 6. St. Anselm Parishioners are awesome in their generosity:
- 7. Food drive contributions continue to increase each month (in conjunction with Donut Sunday)
- 8. Saving valuable dollars that had previously been spent on replenishing our food pantry
- 9. Allowing us to continue to provide a significant amount of food to each family we visit
- 10. Thank you to the parish staff for the publicity in the bulletin and to Deacon Charlie for the timely announcements from the pulpit
- 11. Furniture donations are always appreciated
- 12. Beds are always in demand
Christmas Benefit Breakfast
A wonderful time was had by all!
A sincere thank you to the breakfast committee for their tireless work to plan, prepare, decorate and clean up for this joyful Parish event. Thanks also to the Parish Staff, Santa, donors of decorations & raffle items and all those who participated, pitched in and shared their generosity again in so many ways! We estimate this year may have been the highest attendance ever for the Christmas Breakfast. Again, thanks to all of you for your generosity to ease the burden of the poor in our community. May God Bless you always for the love you share! Merry Christmas.
Click on SVDP at Work – Christmas Breakfast 2014 for a collage of the event.