This is an organization that supports protection of the unborn child, the terminally ill patient and the person who has become a burden to society.
The Pro-Life committee supports the spread of the culture of life by calling the parish community to prayer that seeks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe with the Holy Spirit to effectuate the conversion of all those involved in anti-life activities.
Specific activities include sponsoring both daily rosary recitation Monday through Friday at 6:50 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. and the Sunday night of Adoration at 8:00 p.m., all in the Abbey Church. Learn More about the Rosary Crusade for Life
We coordinate and support the activities of the Archdiocesan Pro-Life Committee. Our annual Candlelight Dinner has raised substantial support for projects of Birthright. And we have assisted Pregnancy Resource Centers with the acquisition of two ultrasound machines and support for staffing their services. We believe that anyone can help us accomplish great things through prayer for conversions.
If you would like to join us, please call Fred Sauer, Chairman. He is listed in the Guide Book.
Rosary Crusade for Life: “Among all the devotions approved by the Church, none has been so favored by so many miracles as the devotion of the Most Holy Rosary” ~Pope Pius IX
Our Lady of Guadalupe Cenacle for Life
As the New Year approaches, our efforts are increasingly focused on the Rosary Crusade to protect embryonic human life. Our need for God’s help is overwhelmingly apparent as we come to grips with the consequences of the deeply deceptive stem cell research Amendment 2 and what is has done to the Missouri Constitution.
Among other things, it provides:
- The constitutional right to clone human embryos
- The constitutional right to kill human embryos to harvest their stem cells
- The right to implant an embryo from in vitro fertilization and abort him or her at any stage of development to harvest stem cells.
- The right to obtain embryos from fertilization clinics to manipulate in the lab
- The right to pay women to surrender their eggs for experimentation, at the possible risk of their own health
- That all Missouri laws, statutes, and regulations must be construed in favor of cloning and cannot discourage cloning or create disincentives to cloning in any way
- A constitutional entitlement to ever-increasing taxpayer funding of cloning and the destruction of embryos
- A constitutional entitlement to ever-increasing taxpayer funding of private institutions that even associate with stem cell research, even if such funding has nothing to do with any such research.
- That any restrictive action by the legislature will be resolved in the court system where all laws must be construed in favor of cloning
- That cloners will be free from any meaningful oversight, control, regulation, deterring penalties, or judicial review
- That private institutions with endowments measured in billions of dollars can force Missouri taxpayers for cloning and the destruction of human embryos.
In 1531, the Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe was impressed on Juan Diego’s cactus-fiber tilma, which remains, essentially undiminished by the passage of time, in her Basilica in what is now Mexico City, where she conquered the most heinous practice of human sacrifice.
We believe that imploring God’s help in confronting this most grave evil is the most important thing we can do. Anyone is welcome to join us.