St. Anselm offers a Religion Program for children and teens, from pre-kindergarten through seventh grade. Confirmation preparation is the 8th grade curriculum program. Sacramental preparations for First Reconciliation and First Communion take place in 2nd grade. The preparation of these Sacraments requires family involvement, class attendance and retreats. PSR students and their families will have many opportunities to attend Advent and Lenten reconciliation, prayer services, fundraisers and social events. We also offer a one week Vacation Bible School for 3-year-olds through fifth grade.
Anyone in need of special religious education please contact Marge Meiners, the Coordinator of Religious Education (CRE) by phone at (314) 878-2120, ext. 17 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Anselm’s Parish School of Religion has a Facebook page. We invite you to follow us and stay connected!
- NOTE: To inquire about the classroom textbook used in the Parish School of Religion program at St. Anselm, please visit www.blestarewe.com and click on “Parish Catechesis“. Next select “Blest Are We Program Units” and select your grade level. Go to the left side for scope and sequence and view all that is taught on that level.”
PSR Class Times
Located in the St. Anselm Parish Centre Classrooms
- Sunday morning classes are 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Monday evening classes are 4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Pre-Kindergarten class for 3 – 4 year olds is Sunday, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. during Family Mass
- Sunday Family Mass is from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the St. Anselm Parish Centre Worship Space. We offer fellowship with donuts, coffee & juice for everyone!
We are looking for Classroom Catechists and Teacher Helpers
- In addition to weekly class time, we gather 4 times a year (August, November, February & May) on Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for dinner, prayer and a teachers’ meeting.
- VBS volunteers need to be available for a week in the summer from 9 a.m. to Noon.
If you have any questions, contact Marge Meiners by phone at (314) 878-2120, ext. 17 or by email at email@example.com.
As part of the Archdiocese of St. Louis’ continued commitment to Protecting God’s Children, please click on www.archstl.org for further information about the Safe Environment Program.