St. Anselm offers a Religion Program for children, pre-school through grade seven. (Confirmation preparation is the 8th grade curriculum). Sacramental preparation includes Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation. The preparation of these Sacraments requires family involvement. The children attend Advent and Lenten prayer services; two class Reconciliation Services and a weekly Family Liturgy throughout the year. A one-week Summer Religion Program is offered for 3 year olds through grade 5. St. Anselm’s Parish School of Religion has a Facebook page. We invite you to follow us at St. Anselm PSR
Anyone in need of special religious education please call Marge Meiners, the Coordinator of Religious Education (CRE) – (314) 878-2120, ext. 17.
The Parish School of Religion offers parishioners the opportunity to serve as Catechists for pre-school through grade eight. Substitutes and aides are also needed at times. Previous experience is valued but not required. Training, certification, and on-going support are provided. An interview is the first step in the process.
Time Commitment: in addition to weekly class time, we gather 4 times a year (Aug., Nov., Feb. & May) on Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for dinner, prayer and a teachers’ meeting.
- Those who wish to become involved in the important work of religious education are urged to contact Marge Meiners, the Coordinator of Religious Education (CRE) at (314) 878-2120, ext. 17
- NOTE: To inquire about the text used in the Parish School of Religion program at St. Anselm, please visit www.blestarewe.com and click on “Parish Catechesis“. Next select “Blest Are We Program Units” and select your grade level. Go to the left side for scope and sequence and view all that is taught on that level.”
- Registration form can be found at the Forms & Materials page of this website.
- Family Mass takes place in the Parish Centre – Upper Level Worship Space on Sunday mornings from September-May at 10:30 A.M., unless notified of cancellation.
PSR Class Times
- Sunday classes are 9:00 A.M.—10:30 A.M.
- Sunday Mass is from 10:30 A.M.-11:30 A.M.
- Monday classes are 4:45 P.M.— 6:00 P.M.
- Pre-school classes for 3-4 year olds and Kindergarten – Sunday, 10:30 A.M.-11:30 A.M.
As part of the Archdiocese of St. Louis’ continued commitment to Protecting God’s Children, please click on www.archstl.org for further information about the Safe Environment Program.