Christian Initiation is the process by which the Catholic Church brings people to full membership in the Church through the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist. The Christian Initiation team of parishioners welcomes any adult who is interested in learning more about the Catholic faith.
The following are the catechetical ministry opportunities for RCIA:
- Catehists are adults who assist in our Parish Christian Initiation process of preparing adults for full membership in the Catholic Church.
- Sponsors are adults who serve as supportive companions for those adults in our Christian Initiation who are preparing for membership in the Catholic Church.
- If you are interested, please contact Linda Borchardt by e-mail or telephone at (314) 878-2120, ext. 19
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
St. Anselm’s journey of Christian Initiation into the Catholic Church (RCIA) has started, but it is not too late to join! Meetings are every Sunday at 9:30 A.M. in the Parish House.
By providing a process such as the RCIA, the Church creates a nurturing environment for a diverse group of people to come together in a common goal—to know Jesus Christ through the Catholic Faith.
How Does it Work?
The group meets weekly, October through April, to share the Gospel and to learn more about the Catholic Church and St. Anselm’s parish community.
This is not just a class! It is a process of discovering what it means to be a member of the Catholic Church and how we can live out our Faith daily. We get to know one another by sharing our beliefs, reflecting on our lives and how God is acting in us, and by celebrating the Rites of Initiation through the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation.
Interested or Need More Information?
- Contact Linda Borchardt, Director of Adult Education by phone 878.2120 or by e-mail.
- Please share this information with anyone who might be interested in becoming a Catholic.